Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Making Personal Space Online

It has been quite a while since the last time i made a page or site in html. I think like 8 years ago or just about that I did it in the summer of my freshman year in a networking class I took. Since then it seems I have forgot how to make one. The one we have to make for this class is very simple and easy to create. I decided to look around and see what I could do with some of the techniques in this simple version, and what I learned is that marquee is not really used anymore. Also i don't ever remember using CSS but it seems to be a huge part about making pages now. I however, could not be bothered to deal with  CSS, I tried to make a bordered box but was having difficulty and it is actually kind of difficult to type so I decided to just give up on CSS for now but I will give it a try later. I did actually put my website on the school server you can check it out and it even links to another page which i put like 10 seconds into making and hurts. The color red should never be a background. I also did all my code within microsoft visual studio code, which is a light weight version of VS and it highlights everything similarly to notepad++ but in the instructions to use notepad it is actually very difficult to keep up with all the tags, but in newer word editing software it is fairly easy since they highlight the tags. I also tried to look for templates but everything seemed to want to use CSS and i just gave up on it so you get like the most basic thing out of me. http://cssgate.insttech.washington.edu/~gardnerg/website.html

2 comments: